Audubon Community Nature Center builds and nurtures connections between people and nature by providing positive outdoor experiences, opportunities to learn about and understand the natural world, and knowledge to act in environmentally responsible ways.
The Audubon Community Nature Center is a 600-acre wetland preserve that includes over five miles of trails, a native tree arboretum, picnic areas, a natural play space, and educational gardens for you to explore daily from dawn until dusk. You can visit Liberty, a non-releasable Bald Eagle, in her enclosure near the building. Public programs, animal ambassadors, and docents may also be available to enrich your experience.
The Nature Center itself is home to the Blue Heron Gift Shop and three floors of interactive exhibits, including live animals, which inform and engage visitors of all ages. The Nature Center also has spaces available to rent for your use.
Admission to the building for non-member adults is $6.
Nature Center Members and children ages 15 and under are free.
Sunday admission is free for all.
To ensure the safety of the sanctuary and all visitors please remember these rules.
– No Pets
– No Bicycles or Motorized Vehicles (without permission) Strollers and Wheel Chairs are allowed.
– Please stay on the trails.
– You are welcome to use the picnic tables.
– Carry in and carry out your trash.
– Please don’t pick, collect or remove natural items.
– Please don’t feed, handle, or disturb animals.
– Alcoholic beverages prohibited (without permission).
– Fires prohibited (without permission).
– Fishing, hunting, or trapping prohibited.
Click the button below to access a list of previous newsletters and annual report records.
Buildings and Grounds Manager
First Vice Chair
Second Vice Chair
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
March - October
Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
November - February
Sunday - Friday 1:00-4:30 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.