Audubon Community Nature Center is always on the lookout for talented individuals to join the team. See below for current and annual positions.
If you have questions about applying for a position, please call (716) 569-2345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Receptionist, Resource Person
The receptionist/resource person works with welcome desk/gift shop team to ensure excellent customer service and make sure our visitors and volunteers get the most out of their Nature Center experience. Other duties include keeping the Blue Heron Gift shop financials up to date, keeping the building tidy, make sure building security precautions are taken, and assisting with administrative tasks.
· Warm and welcoming personality
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to de-escalate conflict in a sensitive way
· Tech savvy and experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Access
· Experience with Point of Sale system, QuickBooks preferred
· Detail-oriented and ability to track many different programs and activities
· Able to work in a team environment
· Able to lift 40 pounds
· Creative problem solving skills
· Visual design skills for Gift Shop and ability to generate signage and materials according to brand parameters
· General knowledge of natural sciences and nature topics and interest in learning more
· Familiarity with Audubon Community Nature Center
Wage range $9.70 – $10.25 / hour
Permanent part-time position, 16-30 hours a week, including every other weekend. Hours vary week to week, with some flexibility.
· Greet visitors and volunteers. If appropriate, inform staff of their presence. Answer questions about programs, services and general natural history. Provide an overview to exhibits, grounds, etc.
· Answer the telephone, transferring calls to the appropriate staff person or responding to questions. Take orders or reservations
· Make sales from the Blue Heron Gift Shop, register people for programs, process registrations and payments for birthday parties and building rentals
Process financial transactions and memberships received in the mail or by telephone.
· Keep incoming membership dates and member information current in QuickBooks Point of Sale system and in Doubleknot
· Process membership dues and financial contributions through QuickBooks Point of Sale system and DoubleKnot
· Nightly, reconcile Point of Sale with Quickbooks Premier (Financial database)
Preparing the Nature Center Building
· Open and close the building each day, making sure that exhibits are tidy, brochure racks stocked, bathrooms are orderly, and appropriate lights are on in the morning and that everything is put away and the security system is fully operational in the evening, reporting any issues to Exhibits or Maintenance personnel
· Ensure the front entry area is clear of any clutter and information postings and brochures are current, etc.
· Assist with administrative tasks including calling for meetings, programs, surveys, or research
· Prepare monthly attendance report
· Assistance with events and various projects from education and administrative staff as needed
· Organize and coordinate Fall/Winter Birdseed Sale fundraiser
· Organize and coordinate birdseed sales through area vendors and Blue Heron Gift Shop
· Update website as relevant, work with volunteer on publicity
· Organize entry submissions and payment records
· Make sure prizes are awarded and results publicized
Sources of Assistance:
· Other Reception, Resource Person Staff – Questions about store operations, building preparation and customer service support
· Education and Administrative Staff – Questions about various administrative tasks go to the person who assigned the task or is part of the relevant department
· Archives and files on Global Drive, hard copies of instructions and information stored at front desk
Apply by December 1, 2017:
Please send a resume with three references and cover letter to
Audubon Community Nature Center – Receptionist
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
or email@example.com with “Application for Receptionist” as the subject line.