Updated 3-24-2020, 11:50 a.m.
Dear friends and community members,
Audubon Community Nature Center (ACNC) strives to maintain a safe and healthy facility for our visitors, volunteers, and staff at all times. We understand the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are taking the following measures to ensure the safety of our volunteers, staff, and community members:
- ACNC’s trails and Liberty viewing are open as normal and we encourage you to get outside to keep active, enjoy the fresh air, and stay healthy. Please remember to practice social distancing, even on trails, and avoid meeting groups of people outside your own household.
- Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020 ACNC the Nature Center will be closed to the public. Drive-thru store sales are available, please call (716) 569-2345. Updated information and more purchasing options will be on the website soon.
For public programs and events, monitoring the CDC information provides the latest recommendations and durations of quarantine and social distancing.
- At this point, any programs and events are suspended through April 30.
- We encourage people to keep their registrations as many programs will be rescheduled. Any customer who wishes to cancel their registration to events or classes through April 30, 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns will get a full refund, minus the $5 processing fee to cover the fees that we still incur.
For private programs and rentals, all have been suspended through April 30. We encourage you to reschedule. Any customer who wishes to cancel their rental or program through April 30, 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns will get their full deposit back, minus the $5 processing fee to cover the fees that we still incur.
Finally, personal habits are the frontline in preventing the spread of the virus and so we are taking the following personnel actions:
- We have re-trained staff in thorough and frequent hand-washing techniques.
- We have instructed any staff or volunteer that has a fever or other COVID-19 symptom to not come to work.
- We have requested that any staff or volunteer who is immunocompromised or considered high-risk to please suspend working or volunteering until the virus is contained.
These procedures will be updated as needed in accordance with CDC and NYS updates. Please check the ACNC website (auduboncnc.org) for the most up-to-date information.
Thank you for your understanding and support during these extenuating circumstances.
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.
Bob and Kathy Frucella