Schedule a Program
If your school participates in BOCES Co-Ser 438.010, as many Chautauqua County schools do, your field trip may already be in the budget. Check with your principal.
On Your Own
You are welcome to bring your troops, packs, and dens to ACNC during normal hours for self-guided activities. Regular admission fees apply.
When you bring your Scouts to Audubon, Discovery Walk leaders provide a guided walk for about 1.5 hours, pointing out highlights along the way that prompt nature exploration. You may also schedule additional time for lunch and self-guided activities.
$7 per scout with a $70 minimum.
ACNC does not have a public badge program scheduled. If your scouts are working on requirements of a nature-related badge and could use the help of an ACNC naturalist, please call to schedule a Discovery Walk for your troop. We may be able to cater a walk to fit your needs. Specialized Discovery Walks are $8 per scout with a $80 minimum because they take more time to plan.
Some of ACNC’s events and programs include a fun patch. Call ahead to see if a patch is available for upcoming happenings. When you visit an event or program that offers a patch, visit the Reception Desk for a list of requirements. After completing at least four of the activities, a fun patch can be purchased on a first-come first-served basis for $3.
Fun patches are offered at:
- Snowflake Festival – First Saturday in February
- Monarch Butterfly Festival – Last Saturday of August
- Enchanted Forest – First Friday/Saturday in October
- Birds of Prey Day – A Saturday in the fall
- Please call for other events and programs that may include fun patches
Overnights at Audubon
Audubon Community Nature Center is currently not scheduling Scout overnights. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Groups (Adult and/or Youth)
Live Animals: Education staff or trained volunteers will introduce you to some of ACNC’s Animal Ambassadors, the amphibians and reptiles that call the Nature Center “home”. Groups of 10 or more can schedule a program at the center for $7 per person. Please contact Sarah Hatfield at (716) 569-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a live animal presentation.
Custom: If you have a specific topic in mind, Audubon is happy to design a custom educational program around your nature-based needs. Please contact Sarah Hatfield at (716) 569-2345 or email@example.com to discuss what you have in mind.
At Your Location
Audubon’s staff, volunteers, and animal ambassadors are available to make special educational visits to your classroom, organization, or event. Please contact Sarah Hatfield at (716) 569-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one or more programs at your location. Pricing is negotiable depending on the arrangements.
Birthday Party Program
Celebrate at Audubon!
Birthday Party Programs can be scheduled on Saturdays from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. You may arrive at 1:00 p.m. for set up and stay until 4:00 p.m. for clean up.
There are three nature based themes to choose from, including:
- Animal Encounter: Audubon is home to many different types of animals, including some that live right inside the Nature Center. Learn about some of the animals that call Audubon home and visit with some of Audubon’s animal friends. This party includes a hike and a visit from one of the live animals.
- Green Play: Audubon is wild about spending time playing outside. After a short hike around the nature center, stop by the Nature Play Area to explore and play. This party includes a hike and a chance to visit Audubon’s Nature Play Area.
- Tiny Town: Deep in the woods fairies and other woodland creatures hide and play between the trees. Join in to build fairy houses and search for these secretive woodland creatures and their friends. This party includes a craft and a hike.
After your guests arrive, an Audubon naturalist or volunteer will provide approximately 50 minutes of programming which will include a walk outside.
Audubon provides setup, dishes, tableware, cups, and napkins. Your help with clean-up is appreciated, but not required. Please plan to take your trash as there is limited storage for trash between pickups at Audubon.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email email@example.com.
Please call for more information and to reserve your date (716) 569-2345.
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.
Bob and Kathy Frucella