Volunteering at ACNC
ACNC relies on volunteers to accomplish day-to-day operations and to reach their long-term goals. Annually ACNC volunteers log over 120,000 hours taking care of trails, gardens, buildings; performing data entry, animal care, and cleaning; working festivals and events; and serving on the board and other administrative committees. Their dedication is extraordinary and their presence is essential to the success of Audubon. Discover your place in the Audubon community.
Interested in volunteering? View the volunteer needs below to see how you can help.
Questions? Please email Tina Preston at email@example.com.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering your time, skills, and resources is one of the most powerful ways to make a difference, to help others, meet new people, learn new skills, and as it turns out, enhance your wellbeing.
Whether you are interested in being a member of weekly work crews or would like to occasionally help at one of the events and festivals, ACNC would be excited to welcome you to their volunteer family.
To keep up with the most current list of volunteer opportunities, please request to receive the ACNC eNewsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Buildings and Grounds
- Seasonal mowing, weed-whacking, and snow removal
- Trail upkeep and improvements
- Building maintenance and improvements
- Garden weeding, planting, mulching, and maintenance
- Nest Box Monitoring (seasonal, special training required)
Animal Care (special training required)
- Cleaning animal tanks and enclosures
- Feeding live animals
- Enrichment – research and implementation
Office / Administration
- Mailings of ACNC newsletter and annual appeals
- Miscellaneous office tasks including light mailings, laminating, prepping materials, data entry, filing, etc.
Education (special training required)
- Lead small groups of students on “Discovery Walks” (fall and spring)
- Assist with Day Camp and pre- and post-camp during the camp season (summer)
Festivals, Events, and Fundraisers
- Set-up, clean-up, admissions, games and craft stations, and refreshments sales.
RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program)
Many of ACNC’s volunteers are registered with RSVP, the Retired Senior Volunteer Program. RSVP provides volunteer opportunities to individuals 55 years and older who want to be productive, active and assist their local community. For more information contact Jamestown RSVP at (716) 665-3038 or click here.
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Hours and Admission
Nature Center Hours:
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Nature Center Members - Free
Non-member Adult (ages 16+) - $6
Non-member Child (ages 3 - 15) - $2
Children ages 2 and under - Free
Maximum cost for a Family - $15
Free admission for all non-members on Sundays.
Use of the trails and exploring the outdoor exhibits, are free year round, even on holidays, from dawn to dusk.
Grounds and Outdoor Exhibits:
Open daily, year round from dawn to dusk free of charge
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.