Notice – The Nature Center restrooms and exhibits will be closed this summer. The trails and Liberty the Bald Eagle are still open to visitors daily from dawn to dusk. The Blue Heron Gift Shop is offering curbside pick-up for birdseed and other items. Click here to learn more about programs and events are available during this time.
Audubon Community Nature Center envisions a future where every child within our community has a real and healthy connection to nature.
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe that a positive relationship with nature strengthens and enriches us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- We believe that all forms of life are interdependent and the diversity of nature is essential to our well-being.
- We believe that learning is a lifelong endeavor and we dedicate ourselves to opening our eyes to the natural world.
- We believe in sharing our passion with others so that they may be inspired to become stewards of the natural world.
Audubon Community Nature Center is a 570-acre wetland preserve that includes over five miles of trails, a native tree arboretum, picnic areas, a natural play space, and educational gardens for you to explore daily from dawn until dusk. You can visit Liberty, a non-releasable Bald Eagle, in her enclosure near the building. Public programs, animal ambassadors, and docents may also be available to enrich your experience.
The Nature Center itself is home to the Blue Heron Gift Shop and three floors of interactive exhibits, including live animals, which inform and engage visitors of all ages. The Nature Center also has spaces available to rent for your use.
Nature Center Admission:
Nature Center Members (adults and children) – Free
Non-member Adults – $6
Non-member Children ages 3 – 15 – $2
Children ages 2 and under – Free
Maximum cost for a Family – $15
Sunday admission is free for all.
The trails and grounds are free to explore.
The Nature Center will be closed for the following holidays:
Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
To ensure the safety of the sanctuary and all visitors please remember these rules.
– No Pets
– No Bicycles or Motorized Vehicles (without permission) Strollers and Wheel Chairs are allowed.
– Please stay on the trails.
– You are welcome to use the picnic tables.
– Carry in and carry out your trash.
– Please don’t pick, collect or remove natural items.
– Please don’t feed, handle, or disturb animals.
– Alcoholic beverages prohibited (without permission).
– Fires prohibited (without permission).
– Fishing, hunting, or trapping prohibited.
– Firearms prohibited.
Buildings and Grounds Manager
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.