See below for current and annual positions.
If you have questions about applying for a position, please call (716) 569-2345 or email email@example.com
Temporary: Receptionist and Nature Gift Shop Assistant
Title: Receptionist and Nature Shop Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $11.80/hour; temporary, part-time, hourly. Ranges from 16 – 24 hours per week.
Position Closing Date: November 14, 2019 at midnight
Dates: Starting December 8, 2019 for no more than one year
The Receptionist and Nature Shop Assistant works with the reception desk and Nature Gift Shop team to ensure excellent customer service and to make sure that visitors and volunteers get the most out of their Nature Center experience.
General job duties include: opening and closing the Nature Center, greeting visitors and volunteers, answering phone calls, processing Nature Gift Shop sales, and other customer service tasks as needed.
This is a temporary position with a length to be determined upon hiring but no more than one year and no less than six months. The Receptionist and Nature Gift Shop Assistant’s Schedule after training: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for a total of 16 – 24 hours, with shifting hours as requested as needed for staff meetings and events.
- Receptionist (80%)
- Provides excellent customer service in a variety of ways
- Processes sales in the Nature Gift Shop, admissions to the Nature Center, proceeds from vending and donations, and payments received in the mail
- Opens and closes building at the beginning and end of the day including turning on/off all lights and setting the security alarm before locking up
- Nature Gift Shop Assistant (10%)
- Assists with updating and stocking displays, and other store related tasks
- Additional Responsibilities (10%)
- Assist with shared housekeeping chores (laundry, kitchen duty, etc.) and administrative tasks (data entry, etc.)
- Attend staff meeting and assist at events when needed
- Warm and welcoming personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous retail experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-directed, but also able to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle conflict in a sensitive and calming way
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher and Access
- Experience with Point of Sale system (Quickbooks preferred) and Online Database (Doubleknot preferred)
- Detail-oriented and ability to track many different programs and activities
- Creative problem solving skills
- Comfort in the natural world
- General knowledge of natural sciences and nature topics or interest in learning more
- Familiarity with Audubon Community Nature Center
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three reference to Leigh Rovegno, Executive Director, 1600 Riverside Road, Jamestown, NY 14701 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 14, 2019.
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.
Bob and Kathy Frucella
The Boocha Family
Defrees Family Memorial Fund
Community Foundation of Warren County
Hal and Mary Conarro