Volunteering at ACNC
Interested in volunteering? View the volunteer needs below to see how you can help.
Questions? Please email Tina Preston at email@example.com.
Audubon Community Nature Center’s 2022 Volunteer Program is sponsored by Univera Healthcare.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering your time, skills, and resources is one of the most powerful ways to make a difference, to help others, meet new people, learn new skills, and as it turns out, enhance your wellbeing.
Whether you are interested in being a member of weekly work crews or would like to occasionally help at one of the events and festivals, ACNC would be excited to welcome you to their volunteer family.
To keep up with the most current list of volunteer opportunities, please request to receive the ACNC eNewsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Buildings and Grounds
- Seasonal mowing, weed-whacking, and snow removal
- Trail upkeep and improvements
- Building maintenance and improvements
- Garden weeding, planting, mulching, and maintenance
- Nest Box Monitoring (seasonal, special training required)
Animal Care (special training required)
- Cleaning animal tanks and enclosures
- Feeding live animals
- Enrichment – research and implementation
Office / Administration
- Mailings of ACNC newsletter and annual appeals
- Miscellaneous office tasks including light mailings, laminating, prepping materials, data entry, filing, etc.
VolunTeens Program (ages 13 to 18)
- Volunteer opportunities —year-round
- Group events and activities
- Research projects
- Team building and life skills development
Education (special training required)
- Lead small groups of students on “Discovery Walks” (fall and spring)
- Assist with Day Camp and pre- and post-camp during the camp season (summer)
Festivals, Events, and Fundraisers
- Set-up, clean-up, admissions, games and craft stations, and refreshments sales.
RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program)
Many of ACNC’s volunteers are registered with RSVP, the Retired Senior Volunteer Program. RSVP provides volunteer opportunities to individuals 55 years and older who want to be productive, active and assist their local community. For more information contact Jamestown RSVP at (716) 665-3038 or click here.
Audubon Community Nature Center
1600 Riverside Road
Jamestown, NY 14701
Hours and Admission
Nature Center Hours:
Monday - Saturday
10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Members - Free
Non-member Adult (ages 16+) - $6
Non-member Child (ages 3 - 15) - $2
Children ages 2 and under - Free
Maximum cost for a Family - $15
Free admission to the Nature Center for SNAP/EBT cardholders.
Free admission for all on Sundays
Grounds and Outdoor Exhibits:
Open daily, year round from dawn to dusk free of charge
Thank you, Community Partners
Audubon Community Partners make a significant financial contribution each year because they believe that every child deserves the opportunity to have a real and healthy connection to nature.
Bob Frucella's Tax Service
Bush Furniture, a Brand of eSolutions Furniture
Hal and Mary Conarro
Weinberg Financial Group